You can never have too many cookies, right? We might like to think this but there is such a thing as “big butt syndrome” induced by overindulgence in cookies 😉 Don’t worry, this recipe has protein along with B vitamins and is of course gluten-free! I would never give a recipe that was full of bad fat and refined sugar so you had to limit yourself to just 1 cookie, that would just be mean!
Hope you enjoy!
…Oh, for everyone who watches The Global Morning Show and follows the amazing Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health these are the cookies you are looking for. She showed them as part of her great gift ideas for the holidays.
Sorry I could not find a picture 😦 but I have linked you to Joy’s instagram photo of them. http://t.co/EjdHQuvl
** Don’t forget to check out www.friendlytreatsbaking.ca for more delicious allergy friendly baked goods!
1 cup brown rice flour + 2 tablespoons
¼ cup quinoa flakes
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
4 tablespoons water
1/3 cup grape-seed oil (or melted butter)
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine chia seeds and water in a bowl, let stand
- Combine dry ingredients, flour, quinoa flakes, salt and baking powder
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with chia seeds and water
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry
- Add chocolate chips to batter
- Divide onto a baking sheet and bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned