I have been busy in the kitchen creating wonderful donut master pieces. I can up with a vegan, gluten-free baked donut recipe that can be topped in a variety of ways and even filled in different ways. There are lots of options so everyone can enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine almond milk with 1/2 tbsp vinegar and let curdle.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- in a second mixing bowl combine honey, sugar, oil, apple sauce, vanilla and the remaining 1/2 tbsp vinegar. Mix till well combined.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture to the other liquids and stir lightly.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag or large freezer bag and cut off one corner. Pipe batter into greased mini or regular donut pans, or into a muffin top pan.
- Bake mini donuts for 8 minutes and the regular size donuts for 12-15 minutes.
- Once donuts are baked you can toss in icing sugar, cinnamon sugar, or glaze with chocolate. You can also cut in half and fill them with a number of fillings (lemon curd, jam, coconut whip cream and strawberries). The sky is the limit when it comes to decorating donuts!
*if you want to make jam filled donuts, you can put a little batter into the muffin top pan, place 1 tbsp of jam in the center and then cover the jam with more batter before baking.
*you can also slice baked donuts in half and add lemon curd, jam or whipped coconut cream.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and all the possibilities!
Check out http://bit.ly/sdrecipecontest if you are interested in entering this amazing contest and visit the contests pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/godairyfree/so-delicious-dairy-free-2013-recipe-contest/ to “like” your favourite recipes.
Be sure to share the news and “like” these delicious, and yes healthy, donuts! 🙂
So Delicious and Go Dairy Free are hosting a contest! All you have to do is create a vegan recipe featuring one or more So Delicious products and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry. The winner is selected based on the number of Pinterest likes and is awarded with a $500 William Sonoma Gift Card among other things, YAY!
Check out all the contest details at http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-recipe-contest. Anyone can enter for a chance to win.
Go to the So Delicious Dairy-Free 2013 Recipe Contest Board on Pinterest and vote for you favourites. Remember the winner is selected based on the number of likes. http://pinterest.com/godairyfree/so-delicious-dairy-free-2013-recipe-contest/
I have created a Coconut Shortbread Cookie using So Delicious Coconut Milk featuring two different glaze options. These gluten-free, vegan cookies are simple to make, taste delicious and are a great alternative to packaged animal cookies. Kids will love these cookies and won’t ever guess they are healthy.
Coconut Shortbread Cookies *should make at least 2 dozen (depends on size of cookie cutters)
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid form)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- approx. 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp So Delicious Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tbsp So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/4 -1/2 cup powdered sugar
* choice of glaze is up to you!
- combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Slowly add water until a dough ball is formed.
- Roll out dough 1/4-1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Hope you enjoy!
So Delicious is having a recipe contest and I need your help!
I have entered my recipe for Quinoa Chocolate Chip Brownies. They are gluten-free, vegan, and absolutely delicious. It will remind you of the childhood favourite chocolate chip cookie!
In order to win people have to “like” my recipe on the So Delicious Recipe Contest Pinterest Board. I would love your help and support!
You can find the recipe on http://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/quinoa-chocolate-chip-brownies or on the contest pinterest board http://pinterest.com/godairyfree/so-delicious-dairy-free-2013-recipe-contest/
Please head on over to the pinterest site and like my recipe!!!!
Thanks everyone 🙂