I have been busy in the kitchen creating wonderful donut master pieces. I can up with a vegan, gluten-free baked donut recipe that can be topped in a variety of ways and even filled in different ways. There are lots of options so everyone can enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine almond milk with 1/2 tbsp vinegar and let curdle.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- in a second mixing bowl combine honey, sugar, oil, apple sauce, vanilla and the remaining 1/2 tbsp vinegar. Mix till well combined.
- Add the milk and vinegar mixture to the other liquids and stir lightly.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag or large freezer bag and cut off one corner. Pipe batter into greased mini or regular donut pans, or into a muffin top pan.
- Bake mini donuts for 8 minutes and the regular size donuts for 12-15 minutes.
- Once donuts are baked you can toss in icing sugar, cinnamon sugar, or glaze with chocolate. You can also cut in half and fill them with a number of fillings (lemon curd, jam, coconut whip cream and strawberries). The sky is the limit when it comes to decorating donuts!
*if you want to make jam filled donuts, you can put a little batter into the muffin top pan, place 1 tbsp of jam in the center and then cover the jam with more batter before baking.
*you can also slice baked donuts in half and add lemon curd, jam or whipped coconut cream.
Hope you enjoy the recipe and all the possibilities!
Check out http://bit.ly/sdrecipecontest if you are interested in entering this amazing contest and visit the contests pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/godairyfree/so-delicious-dairy-free-2013-recipe-contest/ to “like” your favourite recipes.
Be sure to share the news and “like” these delicious, and yes healthy, donuts! 🙂