There is nothing better than a warm bowl of creamy pasta on a cold fall evening! Comfort food truly makes any gloomy day better! Last night I embraced the brisk weather and made a giant batch of veggie penne for the family.
~ 2 (248 g) boxes of penne pasta ( I used gluten-free)
~ 1/2 white onion, diced
~ 1 red pepper, diced
~ 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
~ 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
~ 1 Tbsp grape seed oil
~ 1 can tomato sauce
~ salt and pepper to taste
~ Parmesan cheese
• Dice onion and pepper and roughly chop spinach and parsley
• Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to box directions
• In a large skillet soften onion in 1 Tbsp oil on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stir to keep from browning. Add in peppers, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
• Pour in 1 can of tomato sauce in the skillet with the onions and peppers. Heat through on medium heat.
• Add drained pasta and spinach to sauce and toss to coat
•Shave Parmesan to taste and sprinkle with parsley