One of my favourite past times is creating delicious quilt-free recipes. I love taking classic favourites and making them gluten-free, vegan and lower in sugar. Nailing a healthier version of an all time classic brings extreme JOY!
I thought I would take this opportunity to create 3 different guilt-less valentine’s day desserts that you and your special valentine can enjoy. I will have a different Food Friday recipe coming to you every week until valentines day.
2 chia eggs (2 Tbsp. ground chia seeds + 6 Tbsp. warm water)
1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance Soy Free)
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups Gluten-free flour mix with guar/xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (can use dark choc. or dairy-free chips)
*I make my own gluten-free flour mix combining 4 cups brown rice flour, 1 1/2 cups tapioca starch, 1 1/2 cups potato starch and 4 tsp guar gum. Mix all ingredients together and measure out required amount of flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine your ground chia seeds and water to make your chia eggs. Whisk together and put to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl combine vegan butter, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer to cream butter and mix in sugar. Add chia eggs and beat with mixer to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix with mixer to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press batter into a greased brownie pan and bake 25-30 minutes, just until sides turn light golden and the top firms up. Let cool and either cut into slices or just dive in with a spoon (that’s how I roll)!
PS. It’s also amazing warm out of the oven or heated up later with a spoon…soft, gooey and delicious.