Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Looking for a healthy spin on pizza night? I have just the recipe for you. This cauliflower crust is loaded with fiber, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and omega-3 fats. Cauliflower also helps support our detox system, and contains protective anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It is the perfect healthy spin to make pizza night even better!
1 large cauliflower
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
¼ tsp chili flakes
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup almond meal
- Chop cauliflower into medium pieces and place in a food processor. Process until cauliflower resembles small pieces of rice but is not mushy.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer over simmering water and steam for 2 minutes to soften. Let cool.
- Place cooled cauliflower in a clean dish towel and squeeze out as much water as you can. Add cauliflower to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, spices, cheese, and almond meal and mix well to combine and form a dough.
- Form dough into 2 balls and place on parchment lined pizza or baking sheets.
- Flatten dough with your hands to form desired pizza shape about ¼-1/2 inch thick. Bake at 375o for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with your favourite pizza toppings and bake another 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden and bubbly.
I hope you enjoy this deliciously nutritious spin on pizza night.